About Radio Verulam:
Radio Verulam is the local, community radio station for St Albans and surrounds, broadcasting 24 hours a day on 92.6FM and online. It is run as a not for profit company and is predominantly volunteer-led, with around 90 current volunteers providing everything a radio station needs to be on the air, including creating and broadcasting original content which covers various genres of music, speech, arts, current affairs, topical discussion, and news.
Our mission is: To enhance the daily lives of all sections of the community in our area by providing news, information and entertainment.
Our vision is: To become a widely known and listened to local radio station and internet presence, both of which are recognised within and outside the local community as a professional, engaging and useful service and to form a significant part of the fabric of life in the area, embraced by businesses and individuals.
Overview of social media manager: Edit, produce, publish and broadcast accurate and timely social media content for 92.6FM Radio Verulam.
About the role:
- Post editorial content to our social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn) in line with guidelines and keeping our audiences at the heart of your work.
- Engage and interact with our communities across social platforms.
- Create social content or identify opportunities where bespoke content would be advantageous.
- Provide feedback on performance and engagement of feature content on social media platforms.
- Ensure that all content or language published to Radio Verulam social media platforms adheres to our editorial guidelines.
- Work with presenters before, during and after the broadcast
- Coordinate, organise and manage your everyday tasks to maintain the smooth running of the programme.
- Ensure through the delivery of your content, Radio Verulam remains an accessible, inclusive and diverse station representative of the communities the station serves
- Maintain calendar and plan across all social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Regular, clear and constructive communication with key teams including events & marketing, programming, sales, website, operations and the board
- Remain ahead of social media trends, updating the team in monthly meetings
- Suggest innovative and dynamic ideas for content promotion
- Use social analytics tools to report on the effectiveness of campaigns and constantly develop better effectiveness for future campaigns
Good editorial judgement, the ability to work as part of a team to produce accurate and concise multiplatform content and a first-class knowledge of social media platforms
A demonstrated ability to use social media to both a) identify story opportunities that will appeal to digital audiences, and b) distribute them via social platforms in creative ways.
Experience publishing to social media platforms.
A thorough understanding of user behaviours on social platforms and the influence they have on how content is presented and distributed via those platforms.
Awareness of new platforms, especially emerging trends and services in social media.
Excellent training and career development opportunities
Be involved in an award-winning local community station
Assisting volunteers and helping them realise their potential
Setting the standards for excellent volunteer management
Be an integral part of a community organisation
There are currently no vacancies for this role