About Radio Verulam:
Radio Verulam is the local, community radio station for St Albans and surrounds, broadcasting 24 hours a day on 92.6FM and online. It is run as a not for profit company and is predominantly volunteer led, with around 90 current volunteers providing everything a radio station needs to be on air, including creating and broadcasting original content which covers various genres of music, speech, arts, current affairs, topical discussion, and news.
Our mission is: To enhance the daily lives of all sections of the community in our area by providing news, information and entertainment.
Our vision is: To become a widely known and listened to local radio station and internet presence, both of which are recognised within and outside the local community as a professional, engaging and useful service and to form a significant part of the fabric of life in the area, embraced by businesses and individuals.
Overview of bookings manager: To develop new content and ways of encouraging existing and potential audiences to engage with that content. Assist in the forward planning of material for future programmes by overseeing the booking of guests and contributors.
About the role
- Take over management of the email@example.com
- Audio-clip any solid interview content to build out our interviews archive
- Help in centralising the booking system for interviews and be the contact point
- Liaise directly with relevant producers or presenters from shows to ensure compliance to the process, minimise conflict of interest scenarios
- Assist with any social media training or production training
- Undertaking general research for programmes
- Maintaining up-to-date contact lists
- Booking guests and contributors
- Archiving details of calls for phone-ins and competitions
- Archiving past programmes
- Booking resources, facilities, studio time and equipment
- Editing audio packages with digital editing software
- Assisting with time-keeping and the recording of transmissions
- Supporting the production team
- Liaising with publicity departments about programme trailers and competition prizes
- Updating the programme or station website and ensuring that the on-air and online content are the same.
- Research and prepare material for shows, including arranging guests and interviews
- Work with presenters at the time of broadcast
- Coordinate, organise and manage your everyday tasks to maintain the smooth running of the programme.
- Ensure through the delivery of your content, Radio Verulam remains an accessible, inclusive and diverse station representative of the communities the station serves
- Meet and greet guests and explain studio procedures
- Identify contributors, assess their suitability to support and illustrate programme ideas and secure their participation.
- Ensure all content accurately reflects the diversity of our society in line with diversity and portrayal guidelines.
- Undertake administration duties relevant to the production’s smooth running where necessary.
An outstanding natural communicator (written and verbal)
Confidence, enthusiasm and the skills to work with presenters (live on air)
Knowledge of Audacity for editing (or relevant audio editing)
Regular, weekly commitment
Adhere to volunteer compliance, policies and procedures and codes of conduct
Enthusiasm for radio and appreciation of how audiences use digital media and platforms.
Good contacts and ways of finding content from different sources.
Knowledge of techniques of audio and content production and its use on multiple platforms.
Experience of writing clear and concise material which may be used for briefs, scripts, and digital platforms.
Understanding of radio presentation and playout systems
Understanding of social media – to reach listeners through Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
Empathy with our target audience
Excellent training and career development opportunities
Be involved in an award-winning local community station
Add real radio experience to your CV
Move your presenting to the next level
Be an integral part of a community organisation
There are currently no vacancies for this role