Phil Richards of Verulam in the Morning chats with Claire McParland of Stowe Family Law about divorce related matters. Here are the questions:
- My husband has died from a short illness half way through our divorce. What happens here and am I entitled to anything?
- I am divorcing my wife and run a self built business with 3 friends who are all directors of the company. My friends are concerned that my wife may have a claim on the business as part of the divorce settlement and they are worried it will ruin the company. What can be done here?
- I want to divorce my husband of 5 years as I frankly don't like him anymore. He says he will never grant me a divorce. I recently read a newspaper article that said new legislation has been passed where you don't have to give a reason for divorce so can push it through even if the other party doesn't agree. Is this true?
- My husband and I are divorcing and have left it to our 3 children to decide who they wish to live with in the future. Will a court be able to consider the wishes of our children?
- I am a record producer and am divorcing my wife. I am likely to receive royalty payments for the rest of my life. Will my wife be able to claim a portion of my future income or can I petition for a final settlement?