As Station Manager, Matt is responsible for all of our day to day operations, but you can help us by contacting the right person in the Operations Team about any questions or issues you might have. Please contact the people below and help Matt manage a pile of email by only raising issues with him if someone else can't help. Here is who does what:
|Position ||Incumbent ||Responsible for |
|Station Manager ||Matt Jones || |
- Leads the operations team.
- Delivers the day-to-day operations of Radio Verulam.
- Delegates tasks.
- Approves expenditure.
|Engineering ||Paul Andersson (in the first instance please contact Nick Hazell) || |
- Installation, maintenance, upkeep and availability of our studio and transmission facilities.
|IT Manager ||(vacant) || |
- Installation, maintenance, upkeep and availability of our IT facilities, including the computer network, servers, workstations, playout computers.
- Granting access permissions to our various computer systems, including playout, email, website.
|Sales Manager ||Nick Hazell || |
- Securing income for the station by identifying potential advertisers, pitching proposals and carrying sales through to delivery.
- Responsible for coordination with external sales houses.
|Premises Manager ||Phil Richards || |
- The upkeep of the fabric of the building, including repairs, replacements and cleaning.
- Acts as the Health and Safety officer for the organisation, conducting health and safety training and inductions.
- Manages security and access to the premises.
|Volunteer Manager ||Denise Parsons || |
- Managing the volunteer experience including all relevant paperwork.
- Introducing and welcoming new volunteers.
- Recruiting new volunteers & managing vacancies.
- On-boarding new volunteers as per agreed process.
- Assigning new volunteers to roles and passing to mentors and trainers with follow up evaluation process.
- Ensuring that existing volunteers are happy in the role.
- Manages the safeguarding policy/DBS checks to ensure that those working with children and vulnerable people are compliant.
- Maintaining volunteer database.
- Arranging regular volunteer meetings.
- Help departments recruit volunteers for OB's & events.
|Outside Broadcast Manager ||Clive Glover || |
- Managing the schedule of outside broadcast events.
- Finding volunteers to staff the event.
- Planning and liaison with external parties to arrange outside broadcasts.
- Logistics; getting equipment and people to and from the event venue.
|Programmes Manager ||Matt Jones || |
- Commissioning programmes.
- Maintaining the station programme schedule.
- Defining the station clock template.
- Selecting and scheduling music.
- Managing station branding; idents, straplines and positioning.
- Managing local news and traffic teams.
|Training Manager ||Mark Bilsby || |
- Providing technical and editorial training to volunteers.
- Managing a team of trainers.
|Transmission Manager ||(vacant) (Matt Jones) || |
- Configuring the playout systems to deliver Radio Verulam as per the schedule.
- Generating weekly Myriad logs.
- Trafficking adverts from sales.
|Website Manager ||Nick Hazell || |
- Developing the website in line with user and station needs.
- Maintaining the site and its security.
- Drive up user numbers and community impact.