A bit late sorry with this week's update.
You should already have seen my post regarding use of our studios. I know this will be disappointing for many, but remember that there are plenty of things you can get involved in which don't require being in the studios.
For example, we have two volunteer opportunities which it is really important to fill in our social media team : social news reporter and social marketing co-ordinator These roles are part of a very friendly and very knowledgeable team, so there's the opportunity to learn great skills in marketing and social media. They are also important to us as a radio station because without a great social presence, we have very little audience.
Welcome to new team members:
- Steve Willis - Steve has worked previously reporting on St Albans football team away games, and has now joined to work with the Verulam Sports team on a planned new football show.
- Neil Stock - Neil has broadcasting and technical experience and will be helping Tony Rice and sports team with audio editing.
- Dominic Hopkins - Dominic has joined as our new Community Circle Manager. Dominic will be working with me directly, to help engage and retaining relationships with our community circ;le partners (not for profit organisations and charities in the area)
Don't forget events coming up and get involved:
- The E-Flower Show, raising money for us and Rennie Grove - entries close on June 27th
- The Great Alban Quiz, raising money for us and Headway Herts - 4pm on Sunday 21st June
We are still looking for people to join our traffic team to be part of a rota to make sure we cover this important local content, and meet our obligations to the traffic sponsor, Romans of St Albans