The Board met on Thursday 21st.
Among decisions made were:
- We will be reducing our outside broadcast commitments because we cannot sustain the current level of work, and it is increasingly difficult to create a good standard of output and a marketing impact. We are cutting our cloth to fit the resources available. Andy will agree with Clive priorities and the future calendar. On this note, we have started to stretch ourselves too thin and as a result communication has suffered. We want to do significantly less but do it very well.
- We are going to invest some money in training; more detail to follow on this but the plans include proper accreditation records and the maintenance of "accreditation hours" and a development log for all volunteers. This will require us to invest in some outside help and we hope to be able to give more details by the end of November.
We also reviewed the follow up actions from the volunteer feedback session held at the beginning of the Summer.
In other news...
- Our finances continue in good shape with some new advertising contracts now generating revenues
- We are benefiting hugely from being the website for the food and drink festival with traffic rising by around 300%; this will also help our Google ranking.
- Our coverage of the festival has seen many of our volunteers creating content and helping with IDs, production and editing.
- The Parents Show did a great job of tackling a tricky subject, Gender Identity, last Thursday evening. If you didn't hear it, have a listen at https://radioverulam.com/show/the-parents-show/
- We are working on moving the last of our content from legacy Radio Verulam sites to the main website, and a new Listen Again presentation before Christmas
- We have published new guidance on the volunteer recruitment process and on air opportunities. See RV:INSIDE.
I know I don't know everything going on at the station, so if you ever think these updates miss something important, let me know.