Thanks to Lawrence, we now have voicetracking capability in the studios. Voicetracking is a specialist activity and requires approval of the Programme Controller, Andy Waterfield.
The steps to take to voicetrack in the studio are:
- Go into the sustaining instance of Myriad
- Sleect DESK OUTPUT on the desk
- Put mic fader up
- Put Myriad 4 on CUE and make sure all Myriad faders are down
- Deselect (lights off) both STEREO CUE and CUE TO SPEAKERS
- Click SEG EDIT on Myriad
- Click Mic icon on pop out box
- Click record icon in pop out box and speak
- Click Green "PLAY" icon in pop out box to start next track
- When done, Close Myriad and EXIT IT COMPLETELY
- Close the folder in which Myriad Sustaining icon sits on the PC
- Start normal Myriad from desktop
Don't attempt this without approval and briefing as there are things you could do which would break the radio station!