Sorry these aren't exactly weekly!
A few updates:
- Jenny Ford, Jen Hames and Denise Parsons helped us raise over £220 at a makeover event run by Boots. Thanks to Jenny for organising this.
- You've probably noticed the launch of our new partnership with Ye Olde Fighting Cocks. The Drivetime Sessions are being sponsored, there is an on air advert and we are featured in the menu at the pub. Pop down there and shortly you'll also see the beermats we are distributing there; thanks to everyone involved in making this possible...Denise, Danny, and Dave in particular.
- Please book in your diary the two events we have put on the Volunteer Group on facebook and on RV:INSIDE - training and website training. These are required training for all presenters, producers and studio assistants and all volunteers are welcome.
- Our advert slots are starting to get filled up. Don't remove any but if you notice a particularly long ad break, let Andy Waterfield know the day and time please
- Paul has been working hard the last few weeks to swap our broadband connection over to Virgin Media which gives us access to fibre broadband, so much faster internet service. The IRN new Newsroom facility is currently unavailable as a result and Paul is working on this. This does not affect on air news bulletins at the top of the hour. Any issues with internet in the studios, please let Paul Andersson know.
- Shortly, the Board will be considering some key topics; our engineering priorities and budget for 2017/18 and DAB. Let a Director know if you have any views on these subjects.
- When you have five minutes to spare:
- Please update your details in our database by going here and scrolling down to the red box
- Please make sure you have joined the Radio Verulam Volunteers facebook group; this is becoming a key part of the way we communicate with everyone