|Review date||July 2021|
|Owner||Radio Verulam Board|
RADIO VERULAM SAFEGUARDING GUIDANCE
This document sets out the practical steps and safeguards we adopt relating to people under 18 years of age and any other vulnerable persons.
- We will only accept volunteers from our minimum age of 16 years
- Any volunteers regularly working with, or likely to work with 16-18 year old volunteers, must advise the Volunteer Manager (before work commences), should have a current valid DBS check and this should be seen by the volunteer manager
- Any volunteers should not meet with or work with people under 16 on Radio Verulam matters without a further person who is one or more of:
- Parent or guardian of the person(s) concerned
- DBS checked
- Volunteers must contact the Volunteer manager if they work with or may work with people under 18 or a vulnerable person and provide a summary of the work that is being undertaken.
- The volunteer manager will arrange for DBS checks to be undertaken if they believe this is necessary according to the policy.
- We will accept currently valid (and relevant) DBS checks funded by other organisations
- We will fund DBS checking if needed
- The volunteer is responsible for:
- Advising the Volunteer Manager, the nature of the work being undertaken by any individual under 18 or vulnerable person.
- Providing any required information in relation to a DBS check
- o Providing documentary evidence of a currently valid DBS check
- Informing the volunteer manager if their DBS check expires or becomes invalid for any other reason.
REVIEW DATE : July 31, 2021